History IA: Lenin's New Economic Policy

Asad

Research Question: To what extent was Vladimir Lenin’s New Economic Policy able to reverse the effects of his policy of War Communism?

Theisis: Lenin’s New Economic policy was able to successfully reverse the effects of ‘War Communism’, and strengthen the Soviet Economy.

Argument One:

The implementation of Lenin’s War Communism policy, following the Revolution, severely crippled the Soviet Economy.

Argument Two:

Following the disastrous results of War Communism, Lenin implemented his New Economic Policy to reverse the crippling effects.

My teacher feels that this topic may be too broad for an IA, and that I should focus only on the NEP, however I am having trouble creating a thesis/arguments that focus specifically on the NEP saving the economy without proving first that War Communism caused the damage in the first place. If anybody can help me reword my thesis so that it does not focus on both, rather just the NEP, that would be great. :D