Economics note taking on laptop, software?

I tried using my laptop for taking notes but then it became too hard to draw those diagrams which i had to draw every single class and it just took too much time and effort. Since i take a lot of notes every class, i think that doing it on paper is pretty much a waste when i got my laptop. Can you guys recommend me a good software/app which is specialized for this situation...

I have been using this website for graphs: http://www.mhhe.com/...cs/econgk.mhtml

It is good up until you want to do the LRAS graphs. Apart from that I have had no problems. They do the job otherwise :)

Apparently Microsoft One Note is good too. I haven't tried it, but some friends have. Their graphs look pretty nice.

Edited by Yahooo!

I have been using this website for graphs: http://www.mhhe.com/...cs/econgk.mhtml

It is good up until you want to do the LRAS graphs. Apart from that I have had no problems. They do the job otherwise :)

Apparently Microsoft One Note is good too. I haven't tried it, but some friends have. Their graphs look pretty nice.

I have tried one note but i still don't find it comfortable when it comes to the time it takes creating the graph. I will definity check that link out. Though more suggestions and tips are most welcome

If you have a Mac then OmnigraphSketcher is the ****! I don't think there's any alternatives for Windows that even match the opportunities that Mac OS X users have on this front. For me I actually suggest that you start taking notes by hand/go back to the stone-age instead of the software. You just have to get used to using pen and paper instead of taking notes with a computer.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure you won't have problems taking down the written notes (you can do them in Wordpad, Notepad, Word etc). If you are having a problem drawing the graphs, then I'd recommend you learning Excel or using simple tools such as Paint. Sit down for two hours on YouTube and get used to Excel, it will really help in the long run! Excel is very useful, it will help you make all your charts, curves, graphs etc. The same can also be done on Paint, with just the difference that you will have to manually draw graphs and charts, which are automatically done in Excel.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to draw freehand with Excel? If not, it is pretty much useless for Economics. Paint might work, even how unsophisticated and ugly your graphs will look.

Yeah, it's funny.

I mean at university level if you're taking economics, do you go about taking notes by hand? Economics is full of diagrams lol.

• 2 weeks later...