Japanese B Criteria Question (Paper 2)

Hey, I have my mock for Japanese B Papers 1 and 2 tomorrow.

As far as I'm aware, the Criteria Breakdown is as follows:

A/10 = Language/grammar.

B/10 = Message.

C/5 = Format/Text Type.

I can create a grammar mnemonic that will allow me to jot down a lot of grammar structures before my exam, and thus in theory obtain a lot of marks for my criteria A. However, my fatal flaw with Japanese is the darned kanji. Thing is, I remember them vaguely but they shroud themselves in just enough ambiguity that I am unconfident to write them in the paper!! Therefore only kinda simple kanji or regular kanji get written by me. Don't get me wrong, I do use a decent range, but not much, and enough that my teacher often does correct my kanji or write a 'K' on my work where that character could have been a kanji.

Do you get marked down in criteria A for this?? Or would good command of vocabulary and grammar structure be enough to get high points for this? It just seems a little unfair that Japanese students have to remember not just the two extra basic alphabets as well as kanji on top of the grammar/vocab that german, french and spanish have to, yet have similarly high grade boundaries. :/ Also I'm fairly sure my marks on paper 1 would be higher without so much kanji!!

/Rant :P Thanks for any help!