My first Economics Commentary?

Hi. I have to write my first commentary on an Economics article for tomorrow.

This is the article that I was given to do: Chinese Yuan China rules out faster yuan rise despite soaring prices

I wasn't good in Economics last year and I have no idea how to do this, where to start. I have the criteria that the teacher gave us... I am looking at the thread Tips for Economics Portfolio (Commentary) which explains step by step, which is great but I don't know how I will get information, like the effects, what I think will happen as a result, etc.

I really don't know what to do :? Should I buy VIP, are there some helpful sample commentaries there?

Either way I probably won't be able to get it today.

Edited by Kerry_B

Yes, there are some really good commentaries posted here. You'll get some even if you look on Google.

Okay, here's how I went about my initial commentaries:-

- Look for key terms, currency, yuan, inflation, interest rates, the stuff that's in your book.

- Define these terms.

-Just get a general idea about what's happening. In this case, inflation is on the rise in China,basically, AD is exceeding AS, leading to a higher price level.

- Now, write WHY this is happening. Use economic theory. In this case, because China's currency is very weak against the US dollar leading to a very high export demand, leading to higher AD, which is the cause of the problem

- Write what could be the solution to this problem in terms of what's good for China's macroeconomic indicators. talk about the trade-offs in the decision and its short-term and long-term implications.

Best of luck :)

Thanks for your response.

I've got a PayPal account with some money, but I can't buy it here because it asks me to use a credit card.

Anyway, I'll try find some on Google.

As for the D&S curve, the demand would be shifting North-East, and the item would be "Chinese yuan" ??