Picking a history IA question

Guest hiddenninja

Your WWII questions are both very highly overdone and too broad for a history IA or an extended essay, I'm afraid. However, I really like your Jean Chretien topic, but you should really focus on a certain policy of his. He probably had a lot of policies during his tenure and you should focus on only one, two at the most. After all, this has to be less than 2000 words and that's an awfully small constraint.

Best of luck!

I agree with Girl, here. They're way too broad. My history teacher always says that an excellent HI is a HI which looks upon two first-hand sources with different points of view on a very specific event (could be a secret meeting, a specific change of policies, an important battle, etc). It could be two letters, one from/to, for instance, Stalin and one from/to Churchill. Another history teacher at the school is very fond of comparing two newspaper articles on a specific event. Also, what about local history? Much more original than any of the RQs you've come with so far.

Furthermore, you actually have much less than 2000 words to analyse the topic, as most of the words will go to other formalities (such as listing the actual facts you've found and that you'll use later in your analysis).