Scholarships for Undergraduates

Fermat

Hey guys,

I haven't even start the IB yet (2 days left) and I'm already looking into different universities.

So I really want to study economics/finance, preferably in Sweden because I live there and the going to Uni is free here. But say that I get 39-40 points from IB, then I would like to study in UK (Warwick,LSE,Durham or any other of the sort) but the problem is that it's SO expensive! I mean 9000 pounds for tuition plus all the living costs. It adds up to about 14000-16000 pounds/year and there is no way I can afford that. I know you can borrow some of the money but still, paying it back will take a lot of time. 16000 pounds/ year for 3 years isn't very cheap...

So my question is, is there any way undergrads can get scholarships? Because I've heard that scholarships are mostly for people doing research. How do most students pay the fee's? Do they just borrow the money or do they get scholarships? What would you recommend that I do?

Thanks in advance :)

Agh dang. Well i just read that EU students dont have to pay upfront, they loan the money ( only the tiution fee) and pay it back when they make over £21000/year.

Also I have another question, would uni's like CASS accept me if I had English B HL ( with a 6/7 in it)?

Edited by Fermat

Yeah I meant Cass Business School :)

I checked their website and all it says about the entry requirements is what points you need and etc, I also mailed them but I doubt they'll answer any time soon.

My IB coordinator said that she thought that English B HL should be sufficient so I also think (hope) that it is.

If anyone knows about this, please let me know.