Engineering at U of T

hacker44

Hey everyone,

I was wondering what admissions average would be enough to get into u of t chemical/track 1 engineering, while completing the full IB program. How much does UTSG (University of Toronto, Saint George) consider the IB?

How many points should I aim for, and what average; for those students that are applying and have been admitted already.

Based on my current marks, I predict my admissions average with all of the IB courses (SL physics, HL chem, HL english etc...) to be roughly 86.5% and my predicted score will likely be 30-31, which does not include the EE bonus points.

Do you guys think I can get into these engineering programs?

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I'd say you'd have a fair chance, but just do your best. The UToronto admission process doesn't consider an admission average; what they do is they take the list of applicants and order their marks from top to bottom and they cut off the last student when the program is full.

I'm at UTSG for chemical engineering myself, but I can't really tell you what the cutoff average was. According to them, five of your IB subjects will count towards their consideration, including physics, chemistry, mathematics, and English. You should check out their website for the specifics.

If you have any further questions about this, I am confident that I'll be able to answer them through PM.

I don't think they actually look at your predicted grade if you're a Canadian student. Your predicted grades will convert to percentage grades and they will look at that around February when they consider you for early admission. If you do not get the offer, they will look once again at your grades in April/May and make a decision.

There is a system for you to university depending on your province. In Ontario, it was the OUAC website (our school starting applying in November/December-ish), which requires you fill in your basic information. After, you will be required to fill in additional information from U of T on an online application called the SPF, where you basically have to fill in all the information you have, including predicted marks, and converted grades, etc., as well as an essay and answering some questions about your personal information.

Don't worry about when you have to apply, the school will guide you through that process, and there should be an orientation program (at your school) taking you through it.