UK University Management

bweissheimer

Hey guys,

I always knew that I wanted to include economics in my university degree but studying just economics was a bit too theoretical (besides the fact that I don't do Maths HL and wouldn't get into most of the curses) I looked a bit around and found the management course offered by some great universities (LSE, Warwick, etc.) so has anyone some experience with that course and knows what it all involves? I read the course content on the homepage of some universities but couldn't get much out of it. Thanks

I'm not doing Management but since you say you always knew you wanted Economics in your degree, why not consider the Economics & Management course at Oxford? The entry requirements are almost the same. LSE and Warwick ask for a 38 overall (not sure for any subject-specific requirements) and Oxford asks for a 38-40.

By the way, Economics is really not theoretical. It's heavily math-based. Unless you do a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. Then yes, the structure is more theoretical and essay based. Most top universities offer a Bachelor of Science in Economics though.

Edit: Just checked and LSE asks for a 37 and Warwick for a 38.

I'm not doing Management but since you say you always knew you wanted Economics in your degree, why not consider the Economics & Management course at Oxford? The entry requirements are almost the same. LSE and Warwick ask for a 38 overall (not sure for any subject-specific requirements) and Oxford asks for a 38-40.

By the way, Economics is really not theoretical. It's heavily math-based. Unless you do a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. Then yes, the structure is more theoretical and essay based. Most top universities offer a Bachelor of Science in Economics though.

I would like to apologize first for asking my own personal question in someone's else thread (mainly because no one replied my previous thread that is quite alike with it, so I'm afraid if I'll post another one it will be banned.)

Anyways, do u have any lists of others universities that offer bachelors of both Economics and Management such as that in Oxford? Thanks in advance.

Anyways, do u have any lists of others universities that offer bachelors of both Economics and Management such as that in Oxford? Thanks in advance.

If you mean in the UK, here is the list of universities doing the same course (Economics&Management) as Oxford: http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/EYLlXNV8pDfDG8vZamzYN6wYCk5hs-3PM0/HAHTpage/search.HsCodeSearch.submitForm?cmbInst=&txtJacsCode=LN12&button1.x=45&button1.y=13

• Like 1

Hey

I am planning to do Business HR after IB in the UK. My combination is B&M, ENG and ECON HL and MATH, FRENCH and ESS SL. Any suggestions on the universities i could approach, and hw much irequire as my predicted grades.

Would appreciate any and all help

it depends on where you want to go. Try visit ucas.com and match your course there. Usually the good standard universities wants a minimum of 36/37.

Hope that helps. :)

Well I have considered applying to Oxford but I dont do Maths HL and i doubt they would give me their offer...shame though

I would like to apologize first for asking my own personal question in someone's else thread (mainly because no one replied my previous thread that is quite alike with it, so I'm afraid if I'll post another one it will be banned.)

Edinburgh is very good in Economics and Management as well..you should try that!

Well I have considered applying to Oxford but I dont do Maths HL and i doubt they would give me their offer...shame though

Edinburgh is very good in Economics and Management as well..you should try that!

Thanks for your input, but I'm doing math SL will they offer me a place?