Help with workbook

IB231997

Okay in your art workbook you have to keep everything you do during the course.

You also need to investigate artists, my teacher got us to start looking at modernism and we worked our way through to post modern. Along the way I found many artists that I liked so I researched them further. When you investigate an artist don't do a biography, write about their practice, why they made their art, what influenced them, their concepts.

It is possible to write an essay on them, but I generally write in some paragraphs then annotate some of their artworks.

The second aspect of your workbook is that you need to document your prac works. So take some photos of your work then annotate it with how you made it. Then you can talk about why you made it. So you need conceptual reasons and your art process and what artists influenced you.

What IB is aiming for you to do is to have a strong connection between your art, and other artists and the "art world". So if there are any exhibitions or galleries on go see, it then document it, and look at contemporary artists from all over the world.

There isn't really a set amount of pages you need to do a week some people say 5 pages per week. I just do it whenever I am in an arty mood.. Also my first workbook now that I look back on it looked shocking. I am a lot better now at laying everything out and you eventually get it with practice. Don't rip any pages out, don't miss or throw out anything (even if you hate the artwork you made).

30 of your best pages will be sent to some lovely marker for moderation, so have in mind you want some quality pages with connections.

Are you taking HLA/B or SLA/B?