Restart the IB diploma

Lostjak

I moved to the UK last year from the states. My mom found a public school that had the IB, but it is awful. I have contacted a better school to ask about transfer but they want me to consider starting over. I want to take Medicine in Uni but I am worried about how this suggestion would affect me. I have no support, we seem to be behind other schools. The head is promising they will do better next term but I am worried it will just be the same old stuff.

Hedge your bets. For Medicine a very high IB score is mandatory, no exceptions. No Uni will consider an excuse of "my school really doesn't know what they're doing," so you will have to find a way around that. If right now, you are not confident that you will get 7s and 6s on average, then you should strongly consider switching schools. There's nothing wrong in starting uni a year later, especially if it improves your grades and gives you a better shot at getting into the uni of your dreams.

Do what feels right and then stick to your decision. That's the best advice I can think of giving you.

I hope you make it through the sucky situation mate.

Cheers!

Arrowhead.