French ab initio SL

HeerMajithia

The ibo rule before was if you have been learning the language for 2 years or more then you're not allowed to take ab initio in that language.

However, now they changed it. The rule now is that it depends on the language level of the student.

For example, I know a friend who's been learning Mandarin for over 11 years now. But he constantly fail the class because he struggles to pick up the language ever since he learns it. He's been getting 2s/and 3s almost every semester. So they allowed him to do ab initio mandarin.

On the other hand, I have another friend who's been learning french for a year and did B. He was allowed to do B because he picked up the language quickly and he was apparently prepared for it.

I think if you've taken it at IGCSE and you think you can cope with B, then do B. But if you don't like the language and your grade from IGCSE wasn't that great then do ab initio. :) Good luck!