My Subject for Doing Software Engineering

Surya Tej

Looks alright. Though it would probably be helpful to take Math HL because, well computer science pretty much is math. Of course software engineering is closer to actual engineering, but it will still probably involve a decent amount of math (Although Math HL appears to put quite a bit of emphasis on calculus, which you probably won't use much of as a software engineer [unless you're working on, say, scientific computing {but calculus is interesting anyway <Different types of nested parentheses!>}] Math topics you'd probably find most useful would be probability and statistics and discrete math (combinatorics, graph theory, etc.) [both of which are offered as HL options])

Apart from that, just take courses that interest you

I think you should keep ITGs at HL, but drop Physics to SL.

I think SL maths would be good enough, but i think a perfect combination would be HL Maths, ITGs and Computer Science.

Maths at HL is really hard as all know, so if you're not as confident about HL maths as much as you are with HL physics, then you should stick with that combo.

It looks good to me :)

• 10 years later...

If you want to develop software and applications quickly, but at the same time with high quality, then you should think about tools with which you can work faster, as well as quickly implement the application deployment process. I recommend learning more about kubernetes service vs deployment to see if it's a development solution for you or not.