Are these topics acceptable for my History EE

Arsalan95

Is this topic suitable for Historical Investigation and could it be used for an EE ?

My topic I chose is related to the Indo Pak war

1. Kashmir Crisis: How did the division of Jammu and Kashmir damage the peace in the Indian Subcontinent ?

2. To what extent was the "Two Nation" theory proposed by Mohammed Ali Jinnah successful ?

3. How well did Britain deal with the issue of Indian independence ?

Thanks in Advance

Although I qualify this by saying I have little specific knowledge of the events in question, I would be inclined to advise that the first is too obvious and the last is too broad (I have no knowledge of the theory referred to in #2, so it is difficult to comment). Try to go for something more original and/or focused.

• Like 1

Is this topic suitable for Historical Investigation and could it be used for an EE ?

My topic I chose is related to the Indo Pak war

1. Kashmir Crisis: How did the division of Jammu and Kashmir damage the peace in the Indian Subcontinent ?

2. To what extent was the "Two Nation" theory proposed by Mohammed Ali Jinnah successful ?

3. How well did Britain deal with the issue of Indian independence ?

Thanks in Advance

I'm afraid none of these topics are apt for an historical investigation in an EE. They are all TOO broad with TOO many variables to discuss and still be deep and effective.

The last one on Britain dealing with the issue of Indian independence, is the worst of the lost and I would drop it altogether if I were you.

Insofar as the other two are concerned, they have a lot of potential if you make them more specific.

Kashmir crisis: How did the division in Jammu and Kashmir damage the "political" relationship "between India and Pakistan?" More specific. Perhaps make it more interesting by replacing "political" with "economic" relationship, which could make for quite a refreshing read, if you can gather sufficient evidence as primary sources.

I prefer the second one though: To what extent was Jinnah's "Two Nation" theory successful in ensuring the best political climate for the growth and development of its citizenry? Anything to streamline it in such a manner would make it easier for you to effectively investigate and write about.

Arrowhead.

Edited by Arrowhead
  • Like 1