Required documentation for UCAS?

garimaib

Does UCAS require your high school transcript? Or only the predicted grades?

Also, are there better chances of getting an offer if you apply soon? Like in first week of November (regular decision) and is the school able to predict grades at this point considering its only midway through IB?

From what I know (which is very little since I've chosen not to go to the UK), your 'high school transcript' is required. In terms of the UK schooling system, this means you have to send you (I)GCSE/O-Level grades (Pre-IB) and AS-Level grades (IB1). For IB, you have to send in your predicted grades (like sending in your A2-Level grades). Your school should be able to predict grades, as that is the only way most IB students get in with.

And I don't think you have better chances of getting an offer if you apply sooner. If you don't make the required grades for your specified course you're applying for, you don't get it. For example, if a university requires a 6-7-7 in your highers and one of them had to be physics with at least a total score of 35, you must get that minimum amount before you are considered.

Also, make sure you apply before the deadline. If you are applying for medicine, I hear you must have applied by early October/end of September, and from what I know you must be done with all of your UCAS by the end of October. This may be enforced deadlines at my school, but it's better to apply earlier in case something comes up.

I'm a good way through the application process now, just need to redraft my PS and contact my referee for a reference, and from what I can tell it only requires you to list the schools you've attended for post-16 education (i.e. 10th grade and above), the subjects you did and the scores you got/are predicted. Nowhere does it ask me to provide official transcripts of anything, however I suppose Universities may ask for them separately if they wish to verify your scores. Check with your school, however; if they're registered with UCAS it might be different, considering I'm applying as an individual.

Edited by Tony Stark