Time and money for application to USA unis

MariusIBDP

Time: forever

Money: too much

Well I took my SATs twice, and the second time I had to pay a late fee since I had to get my second test in fast and I missed the first deadline. I didn't take any subject tests. So about $127 USD in those. Then I applied to five unis, and each had its own application fee ranging from about $35 USD to $80 USD. Probably about $260 USD with those applications. I didn't spend any money on SAT tutoring or books or whatever.

As for time, depending on what the essay prompt was the amount of time I spent writing essays varied from one day to two weeks. I had several prompts to do (but I decided for like four of them to use the same essay, just rewording it a bit based on what the uni wanted ;) ) Taking into account time for planning, writing, procrastinating, and editing, I probably averaged two days per essay. But I wrote them over a period of like three months, and I didn't do all of them on the same day. Although one day like a week before the deadline I wrote three essays in one afternoon.

• Like 1