Need help with PERFUME - Patrick suskind

Guest Zoya (aka: ziasha)

Hey guys I need help with the character analysis of Grenouille. I want to connect him to a devil and would like if any of you could help me with some biblical references or any other major poem references (like paradise lost).

iF you haven't read the book, he's mostly referred to as

1) tick - ugly tick. lonely tick

2) monster

3)the most gifted and abominable

4) Mostly referred as "IT"

5) DEVIL

6) SINISTER

7) UGLY

8) Fat spider

9) feeble minded

10) mean

Wow I'm surprised to hear that you read this novel for IB, I gather you are writing your written assignment? I'm planning on doing mine on Perfume as well, how did you get started/did you get specific instructions from your teacher or are you just taking this as any old essay and just writing what comes to mind? I find it particularly difficult as I am so fully aware of how much it counts towards our final grade and it is truly stressing me out. Funny that you want to compare him to the devil, I think that's a really good idea actually! My teacher (i think) compared him to jesus or a frog or something during a presentation, but that was before we read the novel so I didn't understand the context of what he was saying.. haha good luck!

ohh cool... yeah but only some of my friends are doing this book for world lit.. Yeah i am focusing on how he changes from a devil to an angel (not literally). Ohh jesus hmm i'll really like to know how she did that :P

Hahaha I know right, it was really weird! I think his name in the book means frog right? and jean baptiste means jesus christ? or what? I'm not sure. Is your school still doing world literature? I thought they had changed the name and thus the criteria and everything? It used to be a comparative essay and now it's completely different? I can't find information on it anywhere, or any guidelines to follow! :eek: