Question about Biology HL lab report - design

lullabyy

Hello everyone,

I have a question... And I'd REALLY appreciate any help! I have a task to write IA from Biology (design). The only thing our teacher told us is the topic: polygenic inheritance.

I've looked everywhere for some ideas or examples but couldn't find anything useful.

The deadline is this Friday and right now I'm really starting to panic...

Any ideas? Anyone? Maybe even a small hint?

• Like 1

Eek, that's an awful topic.

The two examples I know about polygenic inheritance from the IB course are skin colour in humans and grain colour in wheat, although I'm sure that lots of other traits are also determined by polygenic inheritance, such as (from searching the Internet) plant height in tobacco, apparently.

The IB are pretty against human testing and, well, 'breeding' humans would take an awful long while (approximately 9 months, to be exact). Honestly, I don't think this project is realistic. It's more on the scale (in terms of time) of an EE in biology, although still probably not a great one.

In my opinion, all biology design IAs should be based around enzymes (because enzymes are great, right?) but also because it's so easy to devise an experiment using them, notably catalase. Obviously there are other good designs, but most 'good' designs are on a much smaller scale than polygenic inheritance.

Sorry for not necessarily providing answers related to the question you initially asked,

brofessional

• 8 months later...

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Topic is from June of last year, it does not need further replies.

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

IB Survival Staff