How to prepare for IB?

Kaja

Hello everyone :)

I'm taking IB course next year (September 2012) and I really want to achieve good grades. These are the subjects I'm taking:

Croatian HL

Computer Science HL

English HL

Physics SL

Mathematics SL

Business and Management SL.

Since I have a lot of free time during my summer holidays, how should I make myself useful and prepare for IB? What can I expect at the beginning of 1st year?

Enjoy your summer. There's no point in worrying about it loads simply because there's not much you need to do. Of course everyone wants good grades so you aren't alone there :P

Anyway, I recommend just reading your literature books if you want to. It helps to know about the IB and what goes on there. I didn't know what the IB really was 2 days before I started it XD

In conclusion, just enjoy your summer. You can do some extra reading but it isn't really necessary.

• Like 1

My only advice would be to practice reading a writing to speed them up a bit, but IB does that anyway, you'd just have a slight head start. Honestly, just get out there and enjoy your summer so you have plenty of happy memories to keep you through the tough times of IB and help you remember what teenage years actually are besides work haha :)

Since you are just beginning, don't even stress about it!

However, if you REAAALLLYYY want to, I would suggest to get in advance. Go over the course companion or the course guidelines for certain classes. This will give you an idea of what you will be learning so that the material you learn during your first year will not hit you like a waterfall (like it did to me).

Not gonna lie, the workload will be a lot, so make sure that before you start the IB program, your work ethics and time management are good. (But everybody procrastinates, so just make sure you can do a balance :D) With this, getting good grades will be possible, as long as you are prepared to work hard for your grades.

Best of luck! :)

• Like 1