What are some crucial formulas/facts to memorize for the exam?

Michael Jones

I have an IB Physics internal exam tomorrow on all the core aspects of the syllabus, which if you're not aware of are:

• Physics and physical measurement
  • Mechanics
  • Thermal physics
  • Oscillations and waves
  • Electric currents
  • Fields and forces
  • Atomic and nuclear physics
  • Energy, power and climate change

And during revision, I've noticed that there are a lot of important formulas that aren't on the formula sheet, and can't even be easily derived (at least in my opinion) such as for instance:

ω = sqrt(k/m) or F = 1/T

So what are some other of these formulas that will be important in the exam, and aren't already in the formula booklet, that I should keep in mind?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Look through your coursework and your textbook problems, examples and see the derivations of generic formulas that you might encounter. Doing past papers helps you do this. Unfortunately, I don't really remember many core topic formulas that weren't on the Data Booklet, but as for facts, the IB can be a bitch. They can ask you for things such as the order of magnitude of the mass of an apple, to the identification of SI, vector and scalar units, prefixes on the metric system, and the percentage of energy types.

Sorry that this isn't much help but I'm just trying to get you to be mindful of the subtleties.