Bio SL questions

wrongbelief

I had a few questions regarding Biology SL:

How hard is it to get a 7? I know this is a subjective question, but relatively speaking, is this one of the tougher exams in terms of the curve?

Also, would learning all the assessment statements suffice, or would it be wiser to go through and annotate each section? Thanks in advance!

I think biology SL is the easiest science. It may be just my opinion, but I think this because if you know the content of the syllabus well, then you'll have no problem with the exam. You don't need to do a ton of practice problems. Plus biology SL cuts out a lot of the somewhat tricky stuff in HL.

Biology SL isn't hard. Just read through your textbook and try your best to understand instead of memorize.There are things that simply must be committed to memory but if you make sense of a concept, you will remember it much better.

If you hate biology, don't care about understanding, and/or just want a good grade, just memorize the sh*t out of the syllabus.

In response to your question, it's better to read the textbook first so that you get a general understanding, then make syllabus notes.

Refer to this list of helpful tips on succeeding in biology: http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/6551-how-to-do-well-in-hl-biology/

One of the reason I feel that the statistics are so low for getting a 7 in biology is because most people that take SL bio aren't really a science person and are just taking it because they have to take a science, so its not really significantly harder to get a 7 in than any other subject. Saying that though it still isn't a easy 7. In the end I just scraped a 7 and that was with a lot of practice, but in terms of sciences its not harder to get a 7 in Bio as it is in any other science.