Magnetic Fields

HoolaBaloola

Ok so magnetic fields can be considered as a subsection in "field and forces"

I've rigorously revised every part of the syllabus (through notes, past papers, syllabus details, tsokos etc...), but I know NOTHING regarding magnetic fields! I mean all I know is there is a solenoid yea yea and current in and out on each end of the solenoid (which affects the direction of magnetic field). I know out of page and in to page and their symbols O and X. THAT'S ALL KNOW! Although Tsokos is an awesome book, it isn't helping!

So should I skip this part of the syllabus and hope it never comes or what? I can't risk those few marks in P1 either, help me oh fellow IB'ers! My fate is in your hands..

EDIT: I'm SL btw

Edited by HoolaBaloola

It's late to start a new subtopic that you haven't tackled before! But if you have already studied gravitational fields you can concentrate on the similarities and differences with magnetic ones.

At this stage, I would suggest reading through the material once, then looking at past exam papers and referring to your texts to see how to answer the questions. If you are lucky, that will help you solve similar problems in the exams.

• Like 1

It's late to start a new subtopic that you haven't tackled before! But if you have already studied gravitational fields you can concentrate on the similarities and differences with magnetic ones.

At this stage, I would suggest reading through the material once, then looking at past exam papers and referring to your texts to see how to answer the questions. If you are lucky, that will help you solve similar problems in the exams.

I just talked to my friend and he explained alot of stuff to me :) . I am familiar with this topic since grade 10, however now I can say I have some degree of confidence. Onwards to nuclear and climate change!!

Great! Atomic and nuclear physics is only 9 hours of teaching, so if you're in Jordan you should be able to romp through that before 5am…

Hey higgs i wanted to ask you a question, in binding energy + mass defect, what is the difference between the units eVc^-2 and ev? Does one relate to mass and the other energy?