Maths HL or SL for Medical School?

Sundayrosee

Hii guys ^_^ i want to study Medicine and i take biology HL, chemistry HL, maths HL, English B SL, Turkish A1 SL, economics SL.But there is a problem..Some says you don't need to take maths HL for medical schools and some says you must take..I've been searching for exact answer for months and i still couldnt find an exact answer..i know its also up to the universities but if its not that necessary to take maths HL for Medicine i dont want to deal with it because its pretty challenging..So guys is it okey to take math SL for Medicine?If you know anything please help me i really need your helps.. Tyty :giveheart:

Hii guys ^_^ i want to study Medicine and i take biology HL, chemistry HL, maths HL, English B SL, Turkish A1 SL, economics SL.But there is a problem..Some says you don't need to take maths HL for medical schools and some says you must take..I've been searching for exact answer for months and i still couldnt find an exact answer..i know its also up to the universities but if its not that necessary to take maths HL for Medicine i dont want to deal with it because its pretty challenging..So guys is it okey to take math SL for Medicine?If you know anything please help me i really need your helps.. Tyty :giveheart:

W

Well, for Canada, it doesn't matter as it is a post-grad program and same with US (except they have selective pre-med programs), My understanding of the american system is as long as u pass the diploma, ur in, like their conditional offers are just pass the diploma or w..e for IB. (to any americans: sorry if I am wrong) Math SL will be more than enough. Also, a friend of mine is going to apply to Aus this year and is in math SL so doubt it is a problem there either, you can email admissions/w.e.

• Like 1

W

Well, for Canada, it doesn't matter as it is a post-grad program and same with US (except they have selective pre-med programs), My understanding of the american system is as long as u pass the diploma, ur in, like their conditional offers are just pass the diploma or w..e for IB. (to any americans: sorry if I am wrong) Math SL will be more than enough. Also, a friend of mine is going to apply to Aus this year and is in math SL so doubt it is a problem there either, you can email admissions/w.e.

Reallyy? o.o is sl maths is kinda problem for applying to Australian universities? x.x I mostly think of applying to Australia Universities tho :(

Don't know about elsewhere but it's not necessary to have HL Maths in the UK, if you're interested in applying here.

Yeah sure why not..As long as they don't want any hl maths i do really want to apply any English based universities :ftw:

Yeah I don't think it's necessary for you to take math HL if you're planning to go to schools in the states or Canada. All my teachers here say if you're planning to go into medicine in the future then math SL should suffice ;]

Yeah I don't think it's necessary for you to take math HL if you're planning to go to schools in the states or Canada. All my teachers here say if you're planning to go into medicine in the future then math SL should suffice ;]

Yayy good to hear that:D I changed it todayy, i am a sl math student from now on:D