Hardest subject choice possible

MariusIBDP

I've always wondered why it matters really. No one should care, all it does is make people who don't do those subjects feel like idiots in comparison when it isn't the case at all.

To be frank, it just increases unnecessary snobbery and people who say " oh but I took x,y and z and HL! and you only took a,b and c at HL" are bloody ridiculous.

Different things are difficult for different people. They aren't universal.

• Like 1

I've always wondered why it matters really. No one should care, all it does is make people who don't do those subjects feel like idiots in comparison when it isn't the case at all.

To be frank, it just increases unnecessary snobbery and people who say " oh but I took x,y and z and HL! and you only took a,b and c at HL" are bloody ridiculous.

Different things are difficult for different people. They aren't universal.

C'mon now, we're studying TOK and you ask why should we discuss THIS thing? :D JK. You shouldn't think I want to brag about what I took or praise someone who took these subjects, it just interests me. General interest nothing more.

Some things are almost universal, e.g. Math Studies are definitely easier than Math's SL, Business studies than Economics. These are not perfectly applicable to everyone, but still, you could come up with a hard combination.

My guess would be:

Maths HL

Physics HL

History HL

Some kind of arts HL

Foreing language as A1 SL

Chinese or Arabic ab initio(if you live in western Europe/USA and have no contact to that culture/language) SL

I just wanted to see how more difficult can someone possibly go, no need to be mad :)

In my opinion i think that doing:

History HL

Maths HL

Physics HL

Art HL

and second language A1 SL

Chemistry SL

would be pretty damn diffucult.

and do i think it is some what unfair that some people get high IB points for doing subjects like maths studies and their frist language B HL, while i had to work hard as to get a 30

Edited by Baronvonskittles

I was thinking recently about IB recently, and I thought - so many people are talking about the easiest possible choice, however, what's the HARDEST? So, please IBS, give me your suggestions (for the sake of it, let's keep the choices limited to 4 HL's & 2 SL's).

I agree with people that have said it's objective, but I would admire anyone who manages to receive a diploma with these subjects;

Math HL

Physics HL

Biology HL

History HL

relatively foreign language to the person A1 SL

very foreign language to a person taken at language b SL (not ab initio)

IMO

HL Physics

HL Maths

HL Chemistry

HL History

SL Further Maths

SL Language A1 in your non-mother tongue

SL Language A2 also in your non-mother tongue, in a language very dissimilar to your own - e.g. Mandarin when you've never learned a language with characters in etc.

In my opinion:

Math HL

Pysics HL

another science (chemistry?) HL

Language (that you don't speak fluently) A2

Further maths SL

ab initio language that is completely different from yours (like russian, or chinese)

Even though ab initio is completely different than yours, it's still relatively easy compared to other subjects like Physics SL or Arts SL.

Anyway, I changed my mind. Further Maths SL should definitely be included in SL part of the most difficult subjects