Where will be my destination?

KatsuraD.

hi guys,

I'm a 2012 applicant, and even by far I got no idea where would be my university destination

I applied 12 universities in 4 countries

I wonder if there are many applicants do the same thing

By far I've received 7 offers and I'm choosing from

Penn state U

U of Miami

U of Toronto - Mississauga

UBC Sauber

U of St.Andrews

HKU

I'll be learning commerce, and REALLY I NEED SUGGESTIONS!

AND I'M OUT OF IDEA! THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME TO ME NOW!

what's your choice?? I'll take it as reference!!

well it's your choice. it's your life. YOU have to be the one who decides. you can't let somebody choose for you, because it might not be the best for you.

I suggest you to look into these factors:

1. course structure. what modules will you have to take? what does the course include? this varies across universities so you really should check.

2. location. where are you originally from? any continent preference? got weather problems? accent problems or language barriers? perhaps you want to go somewhere you've been to before? or somewhere you've got relatives?

3. tuition fees. how crazy and how worthwhile is it? any scholarship offered?

4. accommodation. can you live on campus throughout the duration of your course? at what price?

5. extracurriculars. any clubs or societies you're particularly interested in? what's the uni active in? if you're a tennis player for example, surely you dont wanna go to a uni which doesn't have a tennis court.

6. career prospects / uni ranking. sometimes some companies like to hire graduates from top tier universities. if you'd like to work in the US for example then choose to go to Miami or UPenn. if you'd like to work in the UK then go for St Andrews. etc. and also maybe you might want to find out if the uni offers internship programmes or a year abroad or student exchange or something...

that's all I could think of right now. you need to look up those things and choose wisely. choose the one that suits you best. you know yourself best, you know what you want best, so you're the best person to choose which uni you should go to. we folks can only present subjective preferences.

also talk to your parents and your teachers. they could be very helpful. especially your parents cuz they will obviously have some preference on where you should go.

good luck!

• Like 7

well it's your choice. it's your life. YOU have to be the one who decides. you can't let somebody choose for you, because it might not be the best for you.

I suggest you to look into these factors:

1. course structure. what modules will you have to take? what does the course include? this varies across universities so you really should check.

2. location. where are you originally from? any continent preference? got weather problems? accent problems or language barriers? perhaps you want to go somewhere you've been to before? or somewhere you've got relatives?

3. tuition fees. how crazy and how worthwhile is it? any scholarship offered?

4. accommodation. can you live on campus throughout the duration of your course? at what price?

5. extracurriculars. any clubs or societies you're particularly interested in? what's the uni active in? if you're a tennis player for example, surely you dont wanna go to a uni which doesn't have a tennis court.

6. career prospects / uni ranking. sometimes some companies like to hire graduates from top tier universities. if you'd like to work in the US for example then choose to go to Miami or UPenn. if you'd like to work in the UK then go for St Andrews. etc. and also maybe you might want to find out if the uni offers internship programmes or a year abroad or student exchange or something...

that's all I could think of right now. you need to look up those things and choose wisely. choose the one that suits you best. you know yourself best, you know what you want best, so you're the best person to choose which uni you should go to. we folks can only present subjective preferences.

also talk to your parents and your teachers. they could be very helpful. especially your parents cuz they will obviously have some preference on where you should go.

good luck!

BIG THANK!

I'll think twice in these aspects.

dont really have too much knowledge about the universities here besides HKU

I personally think HKU is definitely a good choice if ur future plan is more focused in China

PS:我们很有可能是校友…… 同学你有人人没?