Are you taking B or ab initio?

If you're taking French B, read through this guide: It's very helpful, I promise! I used it when I was preparing for my Spanish IA (which I gave last week). In addition:

- Practice your IA a few times before actually presenting it. It helps to work out problems and make you less nervous. But don't memorize it!

- If your school allows this, write ten little concise points on a notecard to help you remember what you're going to say. I already knew the overview of my topic, so I just wrote down my subjunctive phrases, idioms, and specific advanced vocabulary for my ten points so I could sound better :P

9-12 minutes seems like a lot but I promise you it's not. It goes by very quickly (I was shocked when my teacher announced that we had reached 8 minutes and it was time to talk about the general discussion topic) and it's not as hard as it may seem. Your teacher should ask you questions in a way you should understand and speak so you can respond to them well.

I can't tell you about ab initio except that you describe a picture, so if that's what you're asking about I can't really help, sorry!

You'll be fine, good luck! :)