Who can help me to design an IA !

redooapple

Tomorrow will be the deadline for designing the IA, and our teacher ask us to design an experiement to save Jake's life who was in the film Titanic. As far as i am concern is to increase the amount of energy that cold water decrease the body temperautre of Jack. Therefore i've got two options.

Option one Increase his body heat capacity. Option two let him get a fever(which means he can get a higher inital temperature). Is there any other ideals that can be done during the real situation???

Guest Positron

This is not the cold water thing you were talking about, but I'll post it anyways. If you tied knots on your trousers to make them sealed and then trapped air inside them, could this kind of a set up provide enough buoyancy to keep you afloat until help arrives? Of course this wouldn't directly protect him from hypothermia but maybe this could reduce the surface area that is in contact with water and hence slow down the hypothermia. Or of course if the buoyancy of this set up is enough to support his weight, I don't see why he couldn't go on to the same panel as Rose and just put this flotation device under the panel to increase it's buoyancy. At least in theory this should make the panel able to support the combined weight of Jack + Rose.

BTW, this should provide enough buoyancy, at least Bear Grylls once used it... :D

EDIT: Here's a link to a video explaining the concept

youtube.com/watch?v=otxjh8pcs3E

Edited by Positron