Question for those who've taken the LNAT

Tony Stark

I did the practise papers provided on their website (http://www.lnat.ac.uk/lnat-preparation.aspx) today during Chemistry and Maths class (1 class for each paper). The less-than-studious environment, 40-minute time limit and requirement for multi-tasking rendered this a far from ideal environment for undertaking such a test, however I was both curious and bored.

I scored 27/42 on the second paper, around what I'd expect, considering the circumstances. However, on the first paper, I scored 36/42. This seems bizarre on two counts: firstly, the massive point differential between the two papers, both undertaken in very similar conditions; secondly, the fact that the highest score obtained by an Oxford applicant in the actual 2010 LNAT was 34 (http://www.keble.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/admissions-feedback-2010/law).

Is that particular paper particularly easy in comparison to the actual exam, or was I channeling genius in that Maths class (in which case, why oh why didn't I work on my EE >.<)?

• 1 month later...

Haha, well that would be debatable.

But yes, there are 2 specimen papers, and I remember one of them being easier than the other one. However, I think the main thing that you should focus on is the style in which the questions are asked and how exactly to answer them. With reference to several articles and the questions that follow, there may be two correct answers, but you need to focus on which one would seem more appropriate.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, let me know :)

Cheers!

P.S - JUST saw this thread, sorry for the lateness.