English Oral Exam

zakrzi

Do you mean the IOP that you do for your foreign language?

If so, you just need to find an aspect of anglophone (so basically the US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, etc) culture that you like and present it. You have to come up with your own topic, but it helps to be interested in something because you'll be excited about it. You can do anything you want really, depending on your interests. You can do yours on science/technology, the environment, art, literature, holidays/festivals, etc. The possibilities are nearly endless. :)

If it helps, I'm doing mine on the artwork of a Cuban artist (my language B is Spanish).

If so, you just need to find an aspect of anglophone (so basically the US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, etc) culture that you like and present it. You have to come up with your own topic, but it helps to be interested in something because you'll be excited about it. You can do anything you want really, depending on your interests. You can do yours on science/technology, the environment, art, literature, holidays/festivals, etc. The possibilities are nearly endless. :)

If it helps, I'm doing mine on the artwork of a Cuban artist (my language B is Spanish).

The problem is that my biggest interest and hobby is volleyball and this is not a topic for this exam... so I have no idea.

The problem is that my biggest interest and hobby is volleyball and this is not a topic for this exam... so I have no idea.

So what?? Pick something else! The world is your oyster. Anything related to english culture/life/society - and by english I mean it could be any country where English is spoken.

There's actually no reason why you can't talk about volleyball, as you have free choice of your topic (although it's not that relevant to English cultures etc.) - but there's even LESS reason why you can't think of your own topic. Literally, it can be anything x____x

To parrot the previous user

science/technology, the environment, art, literature, holidays/festivals, etc.

Also food, sports, news, institutions, famous people... seriously, it's not hard.

Well since you can't do volleyball, do you have other interests or hobbies or things you like? Maybe you could find something else in those areas to investigate. Are there other sports you like? Do you like a book or movie or something?

Edit Sandwich beat me to saying this :P