HL Paper 3 Doubt, plz help

Grassroot

In HL paper 3, we are allowed to use the calculator

Therefore I wrote down the process of solving the problem using calculator, including the tool used, parameters and explanation

But my teachers says it is not the same way as the MS therefore did not reward me marks.

I am 100% sure that my answers are accurate, as my answers match the ones on MS

I wonder, do we have to do the exactly same way as the MS (I chose stat, usually they have those calculations which can be simply done using Z-intevals)

As on the MS #8 states that correct methods other than the one given on MS should also be awarded.

thx

You should not be penalized if you explain how you arrive at your answer but there are certain key workings that the marking scheme wants you to display in order for you to earn the mark. So I guess it'll be safer to follow the workings in the marking scheme.

I definitely agree..... but honestly I think using calculator is much more safer. It really saves time

My teacher is kinda..harsh that he does not award me marks if there is ANY discrepency with MS....

dont get the point for doing this....