Enterance Requirements

Aditya Subramanian

So I've started to do some research on universities in different parts of the globe I want to apply for. While the universities list other information like fees, courses, information about workshops etc. However they don't have the backbone for a future student, the entry requirements. Any tips on how to find these for various universities?

I can only speak for US universities, so I'll focus on those.

Unis in the US do not require a specific set of subjects or something, unlike the UK where you need HL math and physics for engineering, HL bio and chem for medicine, etc. When you apply to a uni in the US you have usually taken the hardest subject offered by your school that you were able to handle and do well in, often across a variety of subjects. Also, it depends on the type of uni you are applying to. If you are interested in MIT, there's a good chance you want to do something science or math related. This person would obviously want to have taken a lot of higher level math and science courses, but they will have taken their other subjects too.

Also many unis require the SAT or ACT, and several want SAT subject tests. You can find out whether or not these are required. There will be a range of SAT scores that admitted students fell within. Typically for Ivies and top colleges the average SAT score is 2200+, whereas less-prestigious ones have lower SAT ranges.

Collegeboard.com is very nice for getting an overall feel for uni entrance requirements. It's free to sign up. When you do, you can enter the name of a uni and it will tell you the average SAT scores, GPA (don't worry if you're applying as an international student), and if you need subject tests.

Plus you can also go to the uni website and see if you can find this information as well.

If you could only say exactly which countries you're looking at, I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

As far as my knowledge goes: in UK, entry requirements are clearly stated so I guess you don't mean UK, in the US, universities do not have set requirements (like, 36 points, 16 points at HL etc.), they (mostly) require you too take SAT/ACT (and sometimes SAT Subject Tests) and sometimes language tests but they won't have any set requirements.

For other countries, please do specify. :)

A lot of English universities have them on their website.

You can research them, you just need to go onto the entry requirements for international qualifications/students

A student from Sweden is not considered International in the UK. :P Also, requirements for IB are usually shown along with those for A-Levels, without having to search for them specifically. :)

A lot of English universities have them on their website.

You can research them, you just need to go onto the entry requirements for international qualifications/students

A student from Sweden is not considered International in the UK. :P Also, requirements for IB are usually shown along with those for A-Levels, without having to search for them specifically. :)

It keeps the IB as international for UK universities because A levels are the main qualification. For every university I've looked into anyway.

The Universities I looked at:

University of Sydney

http://sydney.edu.au/documents/future_students/ug_acad_req2012.pdf

University of Melbourne

http://www.futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/admissions/entry-requirements/undergraduate-international/baccalaureate

Im either blind or handicapped. Or both if its just blatantly there

I reckon lazy