Biology & Environmental Sys. & Soc.

estebancorpus

Group 1: 1st Language

Group 2: 2nd Language

Group 3: Economics

Group 4: Biology

Group 5: Maths of some kind...

Group 6: Free choice - so you can do ESS here.

Although it is an unusual combination. ESS is a 'soft' science option for people who really can't stomach science, as a rule, but you're choosing to do it AND Biology which is a proper science? Also the one most similar to ESS! Confusing. To my knowledge you can take Biology and ESS but for practical reasons it's an understatement to say it's a strange decision.

Scrap my previous post: you cannot take Biology and ESS together as part of the Diploma. Probably because ESS is just a watered and dumbed down version of Biology for people with no formal knowledge of science beforehand!

Source: http://www.ibo.org/diploma/documents/schools_guide_diploma.pdf

Really? Because one of my friends did both ESS and Biology and he got his diploma just fine

EDIT: The best way to clear this up is to just go to your school's IB coordinator and ask them. I have a friend who got their diploma with ESS and Biology but with what Sandwich saying, it could be possible he needed special permission that I didn't know about. Your coordinator will know and will the best person to ask to get a definite answer.

Edited by kiwi.at.heart

sandwich: the image on the first page of your source scared me.

I talked with my coordinator, apparently I can't for the diploma since I'm currently enrolled in ESS.

I don't blame you, it IS really creepy! The whole document is really weird, actually, it looks like something from the 1980s...

Not really sure who on earth the IBO employed to make it.

• 1 month later...