Certificate students accepted in good universities?

Sarah8993

I'm a diploma student. but lately i have been thinking to move to certificate. I will keep my subjects as the same i took in my diploma, but i don't want to do CAS, EE and TOK. My EE supervisor is pain in the ass. I have 5 different CAS supervisor for the past 2 years. Im graduating in May 2012. I have applied to University of Miami, University of Penn, University of Chicago and University of Washington, Tacoma.

I was wondering if i move to certificate, will it affect my application process to universities? I'm also applying to university of toronto, mcqueen, british columbia and waterloo. On my last term, i got a 35. My predicted was 37. Moving to certificate would be easier for me. I could achieve higher points. So i was wondering will it affect my application process universities? if it does, i might as well continue in diploma.

But i really want to shift to certificate. what should i do?

Almost all universities require the IB diploma (or equivalent) in order to allow you to enroll. Seeing that you have applied to UChigaco, UPenn and U of T (which I have researched), you will definitely not be accepted without the diploma (it is a requirement to send it once you have taken your final exams) so you should not give it up. Good luck.

• Like 1