Theatre HL PPP

Kellene

Hi!

So my teacher just gave us our stimuli and i just feel a bit lost

I know that we're supposed to create something inspired from our stimulus

and i created a play centered around the disfigured daughter of a tribal chief.

I want to know if its okay to incorporate 2 different cultures into the play.

I wanted to mix a bit of 16th African Tribe history with South American tribal wear.

I want my costumes to resemble south american traditional dress,

but i still wanted the setting to be in 16th century Africa.

Is that okay? or is it too much?

Should i stick with one culture?

Another question

Is it okay if i include 4-6 costumes and a floor plan instead of a set rendering because i'm not the best artist in the world :dontgetit:??

Edited by Kellene

I'm not completely sure... But I would say that you're okay. The main thing is that you should have a reason for your decisions. Why would you like to incorporate multiple cultures? IB likes to see that you're thinking about meaning behind things.

As far as the second part, I don't think there is anything you "have" to include. However, I'm sure that the more you do include, the stronger the proposal will be. I would encourage you to try a set rendering anyway, even if it isn't great. In fact, you could even use an computer program to help you.

I have a question as well. Does anyone know what "the concept can inform and inspire appropriate performance and production elements" means? I'm having trouble interpreting some of the criterion for the proposal.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks for the help.

I read that in the rubric and was puzzled as well.

I assumed it meant that the things you mention in your pitch, go along with, or are applied/supported by everything else you include(your costumes, set plans, concept maps, etc;)

But don't trust me 100% with that.

• 2 weeks later...