Help me out!

ecieee

I have applied to some of the really prestigious schools in the US (Ivies, UChicago, Stanford...etc) with my predicted grade of 44. I took the November 2011 exams and my results are out now!

I didn't do as well as I expected........... T.T I am a couple of marks away from my predictions and I'm not sure if I should send this away to the colleges. Do you think I can wait for a bit and request remark ? I'll be able to get my remark results by mid February, and so it is okay if I send in my results then? I really want to request remark...................

Also, do you guys know how I should send my IB scores to the colleges? It seems that I have to do the IB transcript request for each colleges, but then that cost heaps...............like 14 dollars for each university, and I'm applying to like 16.... :S

Help me out! Please~

Thank you :D

Yes, your school should be able to send them!

And to be honest,It's okay if you're only a couple of marks away. Your essays, SAT/ACT scores, GPA are more important. Those who do the IB in May don't even have their results until after their decisions. The actual IB grades help once your at the university, to get credit and not have to do certain courses.

As for the remark - contact your coordinator and see the break down of your scores - are you close to the next grade/borderline etc and maybe that will help you decide if you want to get your results remarked.

^Sounds like American universities...

I would contact/research the universities you are applying to and see what you get for your IB marks. If getting those few extra marks means a giant scholarship then I'd probably get a remark on a subject or two to try and get the scholarship. Every university that I know of usually has their IB stuff posted, but if you you can always just e-mail their admissions department.

Moving on to the American side of things. All credits that I've seen are awarded with a 5+ in HL subjects. Sometimes you get a few more for having a 6, and a few rare ones only require a 4.