Taking SAT reasoning test

twilight

At my school, most of us IB kids took the SAT for the first time anywhere between winter and spring of our junior year. So basically starting from any time in January through June was when we first took it. Taking it early lets you see your results and prepare for a future SAT if you ever want to take it again to improve your score. I took the SAT twice, once in March of my junior year (IB1) and the second in October of my senior year (IB2).

This is pretty common by the way, taking it once in the spring and another time or two in the fall.

Most people I know began by taking the Jan SAT and if they were not satisfied with their scores took the May SAT or the June Sat as well (junior year), which leaves October and November (senior year) free to take the SAT II's.

If you plan to take it twice, you would there to be a gap between the first time you take it and the second time you take it, i.e. more of a gap than Jan - March/ May- June.

Keep in mind that it is not possible to take the March SAT in every country!

Also, if you plan to apply early decision/early action to any universities, you would want to hav everything done by October senior year, November at the latest.