Domino Experiment

inlost

Hola, People

So, I'm doing a lab report on the domino effect and i'm sort of stuck, hoping that one of you guys can help out here. My problems is what are the variables for the graph? I have spacing and time. I can spacing (distance) as the dependent variable (y-axis) and time as the independent variable (x-axis), resulting in the gradient being velocity, but that doesn't seem completely right. Or I can graph velocity and spacing, and just get a constant as a gradient. Which seems more right? :D Cheers for the help.

Ok, I'm assuming that what you want to find out is the average speed at which the dominoes fall. So what you need to do is divide the total distance of the domino row, which depends on the spacing, by the time it took to topple (raw data). You don't actually need a graph for that, but if afterwards you want to know if there is a relationship between average speed and spacing, you might want to do a speed vs spacing graph (processed data).

Your variables will then be:

- Independent: Average Speed at which the dominoes fall

- Dependent: Spacing

- Control: Domino length