Suggested change for Language folders

Arrowhead

Hiya,

So I was going through the forum today and I realised that we still use the old markers of English A1 and English A2/B/Ab Initio. Seeing as the A1 and A2 no longer exists for English, and most people tend to use those folders for English, perhaps a change is in order?

Maybe changing it from Language A1 to Language A1/A:Literature and Language A2/B/Ab Initio to Language A2/A: Literature and Language/B/Ab Initio?

I can see that it's a bit of a mouthful, but it will be clear and by November 2012, you can take off the A1 and A2, since those will be obsolete from thereon out.

Just a thought,

Arrowhead.

Already on the case! Although the proposal which I think we're going to go with is:

A1 --> A1/A with the main forum about Lit and then an internal subforum for Lit & Lang (A Languages after Nov 2012)

A2/B/Ab --> A2/B & Ab languages (B & Ab after November 2012)

The main issue is how similar Lit & Lang is going to be to A1 World Lit vs if it's still more similar to the old A2, as to whether we give L&L its own subforum within the main A1 forum or stick it in with B and Ab. The assumption is that as it's sort-of like how Maths Studies is to Maths, that it'll be taken by people who don't care for their main language so much and so actually we should anticipate a lot of posts and high popularity.

Thoughts on the final organisation are welcome. It probably won't make that much of a difference but it makes sense to try and have similar things grouped together.