Personal Statement

Lu Xun

I need to write a 500 words essay about "why I chose business management major at X university as a stepping stone for my career" and I'm not sure how to write this.

Should I just focus on the reasons for choosing the major? If I included life experiences and achievements at school, would it still be related to the topic of the essay? What are some other things that can be included?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by Lu Xun

Guest Animistic Anaemia

You should write all that you have to offer that can make you distinguish between the crowd.

The interest in that major is most certainly due to some past experiences that you've had or attained that made you certain of that. Plus, there's nothing wrong in "showing off" a bit by including some relevant achievements (when I say relevant, I mean associated with the major).

DO care to think about the "stepping stone in the career" part. It is an important part of the question as it demands to know what you really want from yourself in the future

Edited by Animistic Anaemia
  • Like 2