HL

English

French

Design Technology

SL

Spanish AB initio

Economics

Maths

Are these good choices ? if i get a good grade in Technology will i do okay? I have heard so many things about it being a bad subject ...

I have no idea what to do for uni...can i study something good at university ?

Edited by A.C

Guest Animistic Anaemia

Instead of D.T you could do Computer Science or Physics/Chemistry... it's much more broad...

and, I personally wouldn't recommend 3 languages unless you're going to take advantage of it. It would be much better to have 2 sciences. That way, you have a wide range of possible courses you can apply to

oh, and this post shouldn't be here but in "General IB Discussion"

Edited by Animistic Anaemia

Yea, im not so good at sciences... which is why i chose DT, but im scared now about my subjects that it might put me into a dead end for university, especially as my school doesnt really offer a range of subjects.

I really love languages, im really interested in them, so am i ok ?

(and sorry for not putting in general discussion - am new to this)

Edited by A.C

You'll be okay. If you want to do sth about languages but actually it may be seen as your advantage, God, 3 languages? Though my frirend is taking 3 too, but she has one A and two B langs, no ab initio.

If you don't like sciences, maybe you should take Biology? It's mostly memorising and I think it's more academic than DT. :)

If you are comfortable with doing languages, take 3 of them! Languages in the IB are really good and interesting, both at A and B level, from my experience. If you are not good at sciences I would definitely NOT recommend you to take two of them! It will kill you if you are not a 100 % dedicated. Most importantly, choose the subjects that you like and enjoy. Do not choose subjects based on what you think a good university wants because that will never work and there are so many possibilities at so many different universities!

• Like 1

Well, sometimes one is bind to take certain subjects for certain university courses, we shouldn't forget about it. Giving a thought to what you want to study might be a good idea. really. Though as you enjoy languages so much, you may follow this path. Also, many degrees do not have any specific subject requirements. And you can also justify taking whichever subject you take, to be honest. :D

• Like 1