Radio orbits of the planets and the moons of Jupiter.

Nicolas Zea

The objective of this task is the construction of mathematical models of the orbits of the solar system planets and moons of Jupiter. The models will be used topredict the location of other moons, or in the case of the solar system, asteroids.A monk of Sicily, during the winter of 1800 or 1801, an asteroid discovered using a similar model. Gauss, a famous mathematician of great ability, calculated its orbit and the asteroid Ceres was discovered shortly after.

Mercury

Venus

Earth

Mars

Jupiter

Saturn

Uranus

Neptune

Pluton

Asteroid

X

Y

T

So i should found a model or an equation that describes this, but the problem is that when I graph i obtein an exponencial graph and in the moment of transformed into a linear graph it doesn't describe a constant behavior. Have you any idea of the model?

wow! this is a very old IA task! you're doing it for practice yeah?

exponential doesn't really fit well. cubic fits quite okay, but logistic fits best. if you have TI, use it to find the logistic regression. it looks great in my TI, fits almost perfectly!

@rFumachi basically x is from 1 to 10, y is from 57.9 to 5914 and each point corresponds to a planet from Mercury to Pluto