Hi fellow IB peeps!!

I need to write my WL on Madame Bovary and a Doll's house and I need some ideas on what to write it on... I was thinking along the lines of comparing the importance of unanimate or perifercal objects of both plays... do you know anyway I could go deeper than this or anything related to the importance of objects in both plays???

PS: I know some of you could be thinking that in a Doll's House there might not be a huge focus on objects compared to Madame Bovary but there ARE a few around like the letter of the sweets that Nora.

THANKS!!!

oh I read the same texts for WL too... chose Madame Bovary in the end but not Doll's House.

yes you could probably do that... but your topic is a bit too broad methinks, what about the importance of inanimate/periferal objects in conveying the themes?

note that Madame Bovary is not a play, though. (you said "in both plays")

Hi everyone,

I'm doing my comparative World Lit. on how are Nora's and Emma's personality reflected on the way they perceive and interact with essential or peripheral objects of both plays.

My first question is: What would be good objects to analyse in Madame Bovary that reflect her personality?

And secondly I was thinking to analyse the sweets and the letter for representing Nora in a Doll's House... Would that be enough? Are there any other objects worth seeing?

Thanks in advance :D !!!!

Hi there!

Oops my bad about the plays... thanks for pointing that out :D. Funny thing, I actually thought of that topic but my teacher said it would be more "IB approved" to do my actual topic since it is more specific...

Do you happen to know any objects in Madame Bovary worth analyzing for this topic??? Thanks in advance :D

are you sure? isn't my proposed topic more specific and yours is broader? :S oh well it's up to you to decide since it's your work at the end of the day.

well since the idea came from you, you should've thought of the objects to talk about :/ if it was for the topic I proposed, yeah I could think of some. but since your topic is very broad, what do you want to discuss? I don't think you can discuss ALL the objects in the text since the book is so thick&long you can't discuss every single object... so which aspects do you want to relate the objects to? I can't be listing all the objects in the text.