Physics SL test prep?

futurepopstar2012

I can't tell you what the exam itself if like, but really the best thing to do to study for the sciences is print out the syllabus and just go through each of the assessment statements. They can't ask you what isn't in there, and being SL it's no where near as big as the HL to learn from scratch! You just need to be disciplined and self study if you are finding class time a bit useless in regards to actually getting through the material. Unless you are an absolutely physics genius, you really do need to make sure you cover everything as other than the data analysis question, you don't really know what is going to come up in the exam!

Adding something to the things ZiggyM said and taking into account your situation, I advice you too buy a course companion, that's one of the best ways to go through each of the Physics SL syllabus' assesment statements. Plus, most of them have IB questions that are surely helpful to understand how they are going to be presented in the actual exams. It is pretty concerning to be in unit 2 in IB2 as there are a lot more things you need to be taught. I'd suggest to google up for IB Physics Course Companion or Study Guides and ordering them if you're school doesn't have them. Furthermore, it is recommendable to contact a Physics Teacher at your hometown or city, it doesn't matter if he is IB qualified, most of them are able to understand most of the IB Physics' syllabus. Have you already chose your options? Bearing in mind what's happening with your teacher, it is better to select the easier ones