Biology SL paper 1 and 2

kiwi.at.heart

So what did everyone think?

Personally I though paper 1 was alright, a couple of weird questions but everything else was ok. Though, what was the answer for the evolution question involving horses. After the exam we still could come to a decision whether the answer was homologous structures of characteristic changes in a species.

Paper to was pretty good as well, and for once I actually liked a question in section B. Only thing I found was the data analysis was a lot harder to get your head around than usual.

Any thought?

To be honest, I enjoyed Paper 2 a lot more than Paper 1. In the end both were manageable, but I found Paper 2 easier. As for the horse question, a lot in my class including myself thought that it was changes over time. You didn't include this in the question, but I think Paper 3 was the easiest of them all. I answered Option A: Nutrition and Option G: Ecology. I was impressed that many questions were just to mention data, and those for discussing and explaining were quite easy.

My opinion is that the November 2011 exams were really easy overall, and I might get a 6 in Biology SL. :) Hooray for finishing the IB!!!

So what did everyone think?

Personally I though paper 1 was alright, a couple of weird questions but everything else was ok. Though, what was the answer for the evolution question involving horses. After the exam we still could come to a decision whether the answer was homologous structures of characteristic changes in a species.

Paper to was pretty good as well, and for once I actually liked a question in section B. Only thing I found was the data analysis was a lot harder to get your head around than usual.

Any thought?

i thought paper 1 was quite good too. the evolution one i put the characteristic changes over time or whatever it was, cause i thought homologous structures were in different animals. i remember looking at a picture in class about an arm bone or something in dolphins, humans etc.

i found paper 2 data analysis really hard. it was a lot harder than the may 2011 paper, but overall i though bio SL was quite good