Film Extended Essay - The hardest topic to do an ee on?

Guest Tom Samson

Guest Tom Samson

Okay so my title has been changed like so many times.

But right now it is "Do non-linear films enhance the pleasure principle, giving the audience maximum gratification?"

I'm finding it ridiculously hard. Like THE hardest essay i've ever had to write. I've searched everywhere for theorists and things to help me with it but I can't find anything to write about. Has anyone got any good sources I can look at for help with this title?

Also how many points does the EE actually count for again??

Thanks guys :)

If you have enough time maybe its a good idea to choose another question ? if you can't find enough research its going to be hard to write a 4000 word essay on it. then again you know whats best.

TOK and Extended essay together are worth 3 points

i suggest trying to get the best mark possible on your ee because tok is a bitch and really hard to get a good grade.

http://liakatas.org/chemblog/?p=310 that tells you how the points are awarded

• Like 1

Well, i don't know anything about that but if you find it hard then change your subject unless it's too late now? I recommend doing it in english. Easiest subject to write an EE on and get 4000 words in a flash. It's also the easiest to get your 2 bonus points that you need. EE is 2 bonus points while TOK is 1. I agree with Megcarr, if you find the research question hard change it or like i said, change the whole subject because you have to write 4000 words on an essay. Best of luck :) hoped i helped

Guest Tom Samson

I think you guys are right. Film was a bad option for me and this topic is ridiculous. Trouble is i'm already months behind the internal deadline. Everyone should have finished it by now. So starting a new subject EE wouldn't go down well, if at all at my school :/ I'm so stressed with this atm. As beneficial as the IB has been to me, I cannot wait till it's all over and I can breathe. I don't know about you guys, but I can't remember the last time I could just live my life without having some sort of work haunting me in the backs of my mind that needs to be done. Maybe it's just me and my bad organisation skills :)

I think you guys are right. Film was a bad option for me and this topic is ridiculous. Trouble is i'm already months behind the internal deadline. Everyone should have finished it by now. So starting a new subject EE wouldn't go down well, if at all at my school :/ I'm so stressed with this atm. As beneficial as the IB has been to me, I cannot wait till it's all over and I can breathe. I don't know about you guys, but I can't remember the last time I could just live my life without having some sort of work haunting me in the backs of my mind that needs to be done. Maybe it's just me and my bad organisation skills :)

oh it's almost due? same as me, it's due in 2 weeks and i have so much to cut down on because i'm at 5000 words and something. So then,how your EE coming along? Can't you find a way out of it? Don't worry, you'll pull through :) Ahaha it's the same with me, i just do it when i have he free time or i mostly just finish the work when i get it. When i sit down for a while, i feel guilty that i'm not doing any work. It sucks but that's IB i guess :P

• 4 weeks later...

I too am planning to write an EE in Film. I was wondering what you guys thought of this one:

Voices in the Dark: The Presentation of Internal Monologue and Voice Over in Neo Noir

Research question: How does the use of internal monologue further enhance the narrative structure as well as help it define its style as neo noir?

Approach to question: I shall first try to explain briefly the transition from film noir to neo noir, citing specific examples of inner monologue and voice over from original noir films. I will then analyze the use of internal monologue and voice over in the films Memento, Sin City, and Brick and assess via mise-en-scene its ability to enhance the narrative structure and general noir aesthetic.

I think I should reduce it to either its effect on narrative or on aesthetic, as I think it would be silly to do both. But, what do you guys think? (This is, thus far, my tentative topic.)