'Molecular Gastronomy' for extended essay ?

Floflow

Hi :)

I'm trying to find a good topic for my Extended essay, and I'm very bad when it comes to choose something for myself like that... And I don't want to have a subject that doesn't interest me because I chose it at the last minute !

So, I was thinking about doing it about Molecular Cooking, do you think it's a good idea (if you know it)? I don't know much about it but I'm interested in cooking and I think it can be related to Chemistry or Biology (the two subjects in which I'm thinking to do my EE)

But now I wonder what question I can ask about it, do you have any idea ?

I was thinking, maybe: "Can molecular gastronomy be the food of the future ?" in Biology,

or "How molecular gastronomy use science..?" Something like that, in Chemistry.

But I think these questions are too general aren't they ?

Thanks in advance :)

I would suggest that before you decide a research topic, you should pick a subject you plan to write your extended essay in. Generally, group 4 subjects have their EEs formatted like an extended lab report, where an actual experiment is conducted. You should probably take a look at the general requirements for an EE topic in a certain subject online, IBO has one document that covers all the subjects.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...