CAS reflection after every 10 hours?

So my CAS hours are all due April 1. And I haven't finished any of the reflections. I'm done all my hours, but in the CAS package it says that a 600 word reflection must be completed for EVERY 10 hours of each activity/project? What if you play piano and you have 300+ hours of practicing piano..which is basically the same thing every time (except when you learn a new piece). Or what if you play sports and each practice is the same routine...warm ups, drills, practice? Do they really expect a detailed reflection after every 10 hours if they're all essentially the same?

Also, I joined the local gym last April. I work out about 1-2 hours each week there. Does this count as action if I get my trainer to sign it?

Edited by __inthemaking

With that, as far as I know it can be counted. It's physical activity that can be verified by a non-parent adult, so it's fine.

it usually is up to the school, but it counts for me. i got to the gym three times a week for an hour, and that is how i got almost all of my action hours.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

well my school says that you dont need to write a MASSIVE essay everytime you do a reflection. you need to just reflect on every part of it. My journal entries range from 700 words to 270 words. I think every school does it differently though so I'm not sre!

I'm about to murder our CAS coordinator. Now he's telling us we have to include the phone number of the supervisor. That's kind of a problem when you're going to an aerobics class with complete strangers, not to mention the fact that the instructor changes :blush: . Heck, they eye me suspiciously when I ask for their signatures...I'd be arrested or something for a phone number..they'd accuse me of identity theft or something.

His CAS form is not the 'official' one either- do all of you use the same one?

Edited by cokesandcokes

• 4 weeks later...