Joint degree?

thehaikubandit

it depends, each university offers different joint degrees. <-- making my application process harder because I want to do joint degree too and not all universities offer my desired degree :(

have you tried looking at some universities' websites? check the courses offered and you can see it there.

btw if you can't find any university offering your desired degree, you can try applying to Uni of British Columbia (Canada). you can create your own degree, whatever it is that you like.

good luck!

I have never seen medicine offered as a joint degree. However, some universities will let you take modules in other subjects outside your course, given that you can find the time. There is also the option of first doing an undergraduate degree in marine biology, and then studying medicine as a graduate student.

btw if you can't find any university offering your desired degree, you can try applying to Uni of British Columbia (Canada). you can create your own degree, whatever it is that you like.

Medicine is a graduate course in Canada, so he wouldn't be able to study it as an undergrad anyway.

• Like 1

Medicine generally isn't offered as a joint degree. Marine biology, though, is - with zoology for example.

They both seem to be very different routes...if you had to consider one, what would you pick?

Found this link comparing the two: http://www.askabiologist.org.uk/answers/viewtopic.php?id=3425

Maybe it'll help you decide, who knows. :) But yeah, I'd advise you do some more research and see what you're better suited for. :)

• Like 2