Tips on approaching Organic Chemistry

Guest kenshi64

Guest kenshi64

Hey, i'm going to have Organic Chemistry for the first time for my exam so I have no clue as to what I should pay attention to and what not and what weightage-if that word exists, the questions receive and anything else you think would help me nail Organic, Thanks buds!

Cheers!

are you asking about Organic core topic or Further Organic option topic?

just know the structures, how to draw the compounds if you're only given the name, reaction pathways with the conditions and mechanisms, how to test for alkene, and the reactions with the curly arrow (I forgot the name lol).

good luck! :gluck:

Guest kenshi64

are you asking about Organic core topic or Further Organic option topic?

just know the structures, how to draw the compounds if you're only given the name, reaction pathways with the conditions and mechanisms, how to test for alkene, and the reactions with the curly arrow (I forgot the name lol).

good luck! :gluck:

Tha's Core sorry I couldn't be more specific

Yeh, if you're doing core that's pretty much what you have to do (what Desy said).

Do some past papers so you can get a good feel (lol) of the style of questions, because they usually tend to mix and mash topics together to make a nice tricky question (not too tricky if you know your stuff).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KAPOWW!!

Hey guys, so D-day is closing in(Tuesday), thanks for your help so far. One last thing, concerning organic that I'd appreciate help in is reaction pathways, do you have good notes, just for that? or a good link or sth.

Vielen dank! :)

Hey guys, so D-day is closing in(Tuesday), thanks for your help so far. One last thing, concerning organic that I'd appreciate help in is reaction pathways, do you have good notes, just for that? or a good link or sth.

Vielen dank! :)

organicchemreactions.png

It's a chart I found in my chemistry textbook; I just drew it up in Microsoft Paint

• Like 1