November 2007, May 2008 Title 4

beli16

Guest desespere

fksfkldjslafkjsl ;/ it seems that there are lots of people doing topic 4 that are choosing to discuss arts, history, and mathetmatics as their three ways of knowing so i'm just wondering if it would be beneficial for me to choose other areas of knowledge to discuss?

fksfkldjslafkjsl ;/ it seems that there are lots of people doing topic 4 that are choosing to discuss arts, history, and mathetmatics as their three ways of knowing so i'm just wondering if it would be beneficial for me to choose other areas of knowledge to discuss?

Yes and no. You choose what you feel more confident in and have the most materials. The important thing is that those AOK will be your 'approches/perspectives' and thus the arguments for/against the question will come from examples of those AOK. Choose whichever you feel like doing provided you can do it well.

Guest vpatrickd

Art also uses language..

Emotions that sets in are then processed in the brain then we know what we feel and usually we tell other people what we feel. Even emotions have names.

I mean, when u feel something, u don't just feel it. U say the name of that feeling inside ur heart, and u just cannot avoid saying it.. whether it is pain, creepy, spooky, fear, afraid, etc..

however other aspects of art might not use much language.. I think the fact that you can draw something that represents ur emotion with ur eyes closed is a phenomena that language does not play part in.

• 1 month later...

I am doing this topic and am in process of writing mine but I have a quick question.

I have ideas of portraying the importance of language in different cultural and social learning BUT......the essay is stating AOK and where does culture and social factors come in AOK? Anyone? It's not science, I don't think it's art or ethics. I mean, basically what I am talking about is language in daily life.

Should I avoid doing this or?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vpatrickd

I think u should avoid emphasizing on the importance of language.. and start analyze if they play roles of equal importance within the different areas of knowledge, not if they are important or not. Yes of course language is important, but whether they play roles of equal importance or not is another case right?