Politics

Mozz

I'm wanting to study Politics in the UK and was wondering what Universities to go for?

I've already ruled out Oxbridge because I want to do a pure Politics course or a Politics & French course. I've thought of Warwick, Durham, Newcastle and perhaps LSE, although it depends how expensive it will be to live in London at the time. Obviously I still have a lot of time to choose; I'm only starting IB1 in September!

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. smile.gif

Best place to start would be ranking tables

Then consider your personal stuff like price (as you say, living expenses are higher in London) and location. Big city versus University town? Campus University versus integrated Uni? Etc. Order a prospectus (because they're free) to have posted to you and go and visit places you're interested in, is my advice.

Also consider staff:student ratio and level of employment after people have completed their degrees as important indicators of quality of education and usefulness of education, respectively! 2 most important criteria, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Best place to start would be ranking tables http://www.ibsurviva...ranking-tables/

Then consider your personal stuff like price (as you say, living expenses are higher in London) and location. Big city versus University town? Campus University versus integrated Uni? Etc. Order a prospectus (because they're free) to have posted to you and go and visit places you're interested in, is my advice.

Also consider staff:student ratio and level of employment after people have completed their degrees as important indicators of quality of education and usefulness of education, respectively! 2 most important criteria, in my opinion.

Thank you for your help :)